Header Menu

Thursday, February 7, 2013

17) Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep

The Blurb :

Red is definitely my color. Good thing, because in my line of work, I end up wearing it a lot.

Most people shy away from blood, but for an assassin like me — Gin Blanco, aka the Spider — it’s just part of the job. Still, it would be nice to get a night off, especially when I’m attending the biggest gala event of the summer at Briartop, Ashland’s fanciest art museum. But it’s just not meant to be. For this exhibition of my late nemesis’ priceless possessions is not only the place to be seen, but the place to be robbed and taken hostage at gunpoint as well. No sooner did I get my champagne than a bunch of the unluckiest thieves ever burst into the museum and started looting the place.

Unlucky why? Because I brought along a couple of knives in addition to my killer dress. Add these to my Ice and Stone magic, and nothing makes me happier than showing the bad guys why red really is my color.

My Thoughts :

I have been following this series since the beginning and I have adored each and every book about Gin Blanco. This eight part in the series was no exception. If anything it made me love the series even more. I just can't get enough of this author. She rocks!

Deadly Sting releases in March and I don't want to give too much away so I will try and keep this review short. I was trying not to read this one until the release date got closer but I couldn't stop myself any longer. Anyone who is a fan of this series will understand why. Gin is just amazing and every story is detailed, addictive and exciting that you can't stay away.

Most of the books in this series have taken place over a period of days and even weeks. This time around everything (except the closing chapters) takes place in one evening. Gin under pressure could mean mistakes but she keeps her head all the way and has some inspiring tricks up her sleeves. There was nothing I didn't like about the plot or events in this book and while some issues from the series were dealt with some others have appeared to take their place.

Quite possibly the best Paranormal Urban Fantasy series ever! I can't go to bed without reading just one more chapter. Then before I know it the end has arrived. This is a must read series and author that I always have on pre-order. If you haven't read anything by Jennifer Estep then you are missing out on the best in the genre! If you are a Kim Harrison, Jocelynn Drake and/or Jeaniene Frost fan then this series is a must read.

Guaranteed action and always special, this is a series that will change how you look at the Paranormal Genre and give you a new leading lady to idolize!


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

No comments: