Header Menu

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

78) Dead Girl Walking by Linda Joy Singleton

The Blurb :

I am so dead...
Now, was I supposed to go left or right at the Light?

Seventeen-year-old Amber Borden has a lousy sense of direction—so lousy that she takes a wrong turn when returning from her near-death experience. She ends up in the body of the most popular girl in school, who has just tried to commit suicide.

Can a girl who can't even navigate the halls of Halsey High discover the secrets of her new identity and find her way back to her own life?

My Thoughts :

The Dead Girl Series has been on my wishlist ever since I read and enjoyed The Seer Series by the same author.  Needing a nice quick read the other day I decided this one would fit the bill and I was right.  Well written and not long winded this story was read before I knew it and like the previous work by this writer, I enjoyed it.

The idea of being stuck in someone elses body isn't a new concept but the bits and pieces added to the story make it more original than the others I have come across.  I found the whole idea very intriguing and wondered how I would cope in the same situation.  This is a story that makes you think and wonder about the whole soul/ghost and where do we go theories and beliefs.

Amber was a nice character to get to know and her friends were equally fun to meet.  I liked my trip into her world even if it does turn out to be someone elses.  Now I am looking forward to reading the next two books in the series and finding out what happens to Amber next.  I am pretty sure the author thought really long and hard about how things would play out and I am sure I will like the other stories just as much as this one.

If you aren't a big Young Adult reader then maybe there is one in your life that you can borrow/gift this one to.  It really is worth giving a chance and isn't your typical girlie novel or full with romance.  If you are looking for something a little different and/or something quick and light then you can't go wrong with Linda's books.  They are very entertaining.





  Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository


Amberkatze's Book Blog

1 comment:

Aurian said...

Glad you enjoyed it Amber, but I don't think this one is for me.