Header Menu

Saturday, June 15, 2013

85) Imaginable by J. Meyers

The Blurb :

Twins Sera and Luke Raine’s unusual abilities are growing. Sera is healing vampires now, making them human again. And, at times, Luke can actually change the future he Sees.

But Sera’s healing has dangerous consequences, and though Luke is altering the outcome of more visions, he can’t control them yet.

Now Sera is in danger as the dark creatures of the Realm seek to use her. As Luke struggles to master his gift in order to save his sister, he discovers even more about his powers.

And what he learns just may put him in greater danger than Sera has ever been.

My Thoughts :

It seems like forever since I read Intangible, the first book in this Young Adult series.  I remember enjoying the book and looking forward to reading the sequel at some point.  No rush but interested.  So when the author offered me a copy of Imanginable it wasn't a hard question to answer!

Intangible felt so far away but when I started reading this second installment I didn't feel lost or confused.  I fell back into the world very easily and knew who was who and what was what without too much trouble.  I did get the feeling that there were too many people involved but I managed to keep track of them all and started to enjoy the plot that unfolded.

This is a Young Adult series but it is quite grown up.  I actually forgot that some of the characters were supposed to be Young Adults because they acted very grown up.  In some cases the characters were much older than they seem with fae and vampires having some long histories to brag about.  All in all this is one you can share with the younger reader in your life or just read because you like the concept.

There are some really interesting paranormal aspects in this series and they are developing nicely.  I like the abilities Sera and Luke have and the mix of vamps and fae seemed over the top at first but as the story continues and twists things together, well it is nice and unique.

Not a series I am rushing out to buy but it one that I have taken a passing interest in.  I enjoyed this new installment and am curious how the author will keep building things up for Luke and Sera.  It could go too far and go over the top but right now there is a great plot and concept developing and I will definitely be checking out the next part.





     Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository


Amberkatze's Book Blog    
↑ Grab this Headline Animator                

No comments: