Header Menu

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

104) The Reluctant Reaper by Gina X. Grant

The Blurb :

Life for Kirsty d’Arc might not be perfect, but it’s far from hellish. She likes her job, has a great BFF and truly admires Conrad, her boss. But when she dives in front of a lunatic’s blade to save him from certain death, she finds out Conrad isn’t so admirable after all. In fact, he’s traded her soul to the Devil!

While her body lies comatose on the Mortal Coil, Kirsty’s spirit is dragged straight to Hell…which is not quite the fire-and-brimstone abyss she’d expected. In fact, the place is quirky, wacky, and not without charm. Desperate to reunite body and soul before her time runs out, she seeks out allies, earning the friendship of a powerful drag demon, a psychic server and most importantly, Hell’s civil servant. But what of her growing attraction to Dante, the sexy Reaper with a flair for romantic language—can she forgive him for scything her soul?

Stuck in the netherworld, Kirsty vows she’ll do everything on her postmortem bucket-list, starting with getting her life back and ensuring that Conrad has Hell to pay!

My Thoughts :

I am not sure how I came across this book/series but it sounded like it was right up my alley and I was curious to see if the book could live up to my expectations.  After all I have an amazing relationship with a few other Reapers and I am never against adding another Reaper to my reading list.  So I settled down with this one and even though it didn't take long to read I found my interest slipping the whole time.

This wasn't as feisty as I expected it to be.  Although quite a lot happened to Kirsty she seemed to just take it all in her stride and not really get emotional about anything.  It was obvious how things would evolve between her and the reaper and it seems the characters read the script beforehand and knew all about it too.  Everything was just taken in its stride like a walk in park.  It was a little dull in some respects.

Although I am not very excited about this debut I am slightly curious about what happens next.  The general story isn't too boring and I wouldn't mind seeing where Kirsty ends up.  Will she come out of things alive and in her body?  Will she miss years of her life or be stuck in limbo.

The Reluctant Reaper has something about it that has me not hating it but at the same time not loving it.   I am not sure if I will be back for more.  I am on the sidelines watching and waiting.  If the next book just happens to find its way to me, somehow or another, I will read it.





  Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository


Amberkatze's Book Blog



No comments: