Header Menu

Monday, July 29, 2013

106) Heart of Venom by Jennifer Estep

The Blurb :

When a terror from the past threatens Gin’s friend and body-disposer, Sophia, Gin will stop at nothing to protect her, even if it means walking straight into a killer’s trap. Meanwhile, the rocky romance between Gin and Owen reaches a turning point—can they reunite and rekindle their love? Or will the things Gin has been forced to do in her line of work as the deadly assassin the Spider keep them apart forever? Assuming, that is, she survives long enough to find out…

My Thoughts :

The Elemental Assassin Series by Jennifer Estep is one of my favourite reads.  So it was a very huge deal for me to leave this one on my Kindle without reading straight away.  Yeah I couldn't wait to read it and I am sure there are a lot of people out there who would love to have an advance copy of this new installment.  However I didn't want to read it too early and have to wait so long for the next part and I also didn't want to annoy you all with my review and making you wait so long for the release (which is just under a month away!)

Heart of Venom is the ninth installment in the series about assassin Gin Blanco.  Her paranormal abilities help her face up against the supernatural bad boys and girls of Ashland and she has helped keep the streets a little safer.  This time around the score to settle is very personal.  We finally get to know more about Sophie and JoJo and what happened to the sisters and what turned them into the family that Gin has come to love and rely on.

It is a story filled with pain and hurt but of course it is also a story of courage and strength.  With Gin's typical kick-ass determination and her band of friends/family you have a story that is just as good, if not better, that the other eight stories before it.  Heart of Venom answers questions while leaving new ones open in their place.  The book is everything a fan of the series could hope for and it is a little bit more.

Something bigger is coming and this book shows the signs.  Anyone who has followed the series since the beginning will see the clues.  While I hope that more will be revealed in the next book I am sure that the author will keep us guessing about things for a little longer.  Which is actually also ok with me.  The more Gin books, the better and I can't wait for the next fantastic installment.

The Elemental Assassin Series is one of the very best Paranormal Urban Fantasy books you could ever hope and wish for.  These are books to be treasured and it is a series that is a pleasure to read.  I love Gin and the other characters and I am totally and utterly invested in their story.  I yearn for more all the time and other books just feel dull because they don't have Gin!

So make sure you check out this amazing series if you haven't already.  If you are waiting for this new installment then you don't have much longer to wait.  Pre-order a copy asap!  You won't be disappointed.  Acually, have you ever been disappointed by this author and series?  No!  They are practically perfect!







  Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository


Amberkatze's Book Blog





No comments: