Header Menu

Thursday, August 8, 2013

110) Fast Friends by Jill Mansell

The Blurb :

A reunion with old schoolfriends can be a truly joyful occasion. Then again, as Camilla Stewart discovers, sometimes it can change your world forever. Meeting up again with Roz Vallender has devastating consequences for Camilla. Thankfully the outrageousLoulou Marks comes to the rescue, persuading her that all is not lost. Loulou's own life might be completely chaotic but she's great at giving other people advice. And when Camilla starts taking it, she soon discovers that life in the fast lane is a lot more fun than being a cheated-on housewife...

My Thoughts :

When on holiday it is nice to also take a holiday from reading the same old.  So when I came across this Jill Mansell book on my bookshelf I was determined to take it to the pool with me.  After all I thought I had read of Jill's books and this one had somehow been sitting on my shelf gathering dust for six years!

The story was everything I have come to expect from Jill.  The well developed characters that you can't help but love and the crazy everyday ups and downs that, at some point, can happen to everyone.  I worried with the girls as things got rough and was sad when they lost the ones they loved.  It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions but the plot was so captivating and dotted with laughs that I couldn't stop myself from reading.

Fast Friends was made even more interesting by the lack of technology.  It took me a while to realise something was different about this book when people didn't just look something up on the internet.  Checking the front of the book I noticed that this book was actually first released in 1991!  I was still in school back then!  WOW!  Anyway it was actually quite refreshing to read a book from back then.  We coped without mobile phones, the internet etc and it was nice being reminded of a simpler way of life.

As always the feel good ending left me happy to have completed the book.  I love the way that each of Jill's books manage to throw so much turmoil at the characters but they always get a happy ending.  Life may not always be like that but it gives you hope and if you have been through any of the situations from the book you will admire the strength and determination of the characters.

Now I believe I have read all of Jill's books!  I look forward to the next one when it releases.  Jill Mansell is my favourite chick-lit author and as long as she keeps writing them I will keep reading them.  Even if there aren't any supernatural elements to her books they are amazing reads that I always enjoy 100%!




  Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository


Amberkatze's Book Blog

1 comment:

Aurian said...

I need to read one of her books in English soon. Thanks for the review Amber.