Header Menu

Monday, January 6, 2014

3) Dying to Know by TJ Connor

The Blurb :

Dying is overrated. Murder is not.

Detective Oliver Tucker prefers to be the guy investigating shootings, not the guy getting shot. So when he returns as a ghost after being murdered in his home, it's only natural for Tuck to investigate the most important case of his life--his own. Detective, solve thyself!

Piecing together cold cases, foggy memories, and eerie premonitions, Tuck fears that if he doesn't figure out who pulled the trigger, his wife may be the next victim. Surprised to discover many earth-bound spirits chasing the same killer, Tuck's unique perspective from the other side leads him to a chilling conclusion--it's the living, not the dead, who are most terrifying.

My Thoughts :

I love a good cozy mystery and if there is something paranormal about it then I can't resist.  So it was no wonder that I was drawn to Dying To Know.  A debut novel it promised ghosts, murder and mystery which is everything you need in a good supernatural cozy.

This book has been  on my Kindle a while and it is only now that I finally got around to reading it.  Not such a great loss but also a shame.  What I am trying to say is that this was quite good for a debut but definitely lacked something.  I liked it but there were a few moments where I could have given up.  It was a great concept but the mystery was very complicated at times and I found myself, like the main character, getting very confused.

The characters were good and the written style wasn't too bad for a debut.  The series is definitely one I would keep reading but I don't think I would be rushing out to buy it.  However I think the sequel will make or break the series.  It will either be really good, finish the foundation this first book started and grow into something special or it will fail to keep the concept interesting and have a plot that doesn't come up to standard.

All in all I am still going to suggest trying this one.  If you are a paranormal cozy lover then you will definitely like this one even if you don't fall in love with it.  I will certainly be keeping an eye out for the next in the series and can't wait to see what the author has in store for this detective ghost and friends.




 Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository




Amberkatze's Book Blog

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

2 comments:

Aurian said...

Hmm I will wait until your second book review I think. I presume there is some interaction between our detective ghost and a living person to really solve the case and get justice?

Unknown said...

I think the second book will make or break it for me.

Yes there is interaction between the ghost and a living person/persons.