Header Menu

Monday, November 10, 2014

122) The Cat, The Quilt and the Corpse by Leann Sweeney

The Blurb :

Jill's quiet life is shattered when her house is broken into and her Abyssinian, Syrah, goes missing. Jill's convinced her kitty's been catnapped. But when her cat-crime-solving leads her to a murdered body, suddenly all paws are pointing to Jill.

Soon, Jill discovers that Syrah isn't the only purebred who's been stolen. Now she has to find these furry felines before they all become the prey of a cold-blooded killer-and she ends up nabbed for a crime...

My Thoughts :

This series has been on my radar for a while.  So when I saw the first two books on offer on Audible, I snapped them up quick and decided that this one would be my next book to listen to.

It was a slow start but once the story got going I started enjoying it more and more.  Getting to know the town and characters was fun and the murder mystery kept me guessing up until the end.  I loved the cat aspect of the book and liked the cat information that that was slipped in.  I never knew some of the facts the author added so I actually found out some quirky things about my own balls of fluff!

There isn't much else I can say about this debut other than it was a good start.  I hope the character continues to come out of her shell and not dwell on the past.   It will be interesting to see how the series continues and what mischief Jill and her cats will get into.  I have the second book ready to listen to and it is high up on my audiobook list!

Well worth checking out if you haven't already.  Cat lovers will be especially pleased about this one and any cozy mystery readers will definitely enjoy this small town mystery series.




Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



No comments: