Header Menu

Saturday, November 15, 2014

124) The Unpredictable Consequences of Love by Jill Mansell

The Blurb :

When Josh Strachan, newly returned to his home in north Cornwall from sunny California, first meets Sophie Wells, he's immediately smitten. Sophie's pretty, she's funny, she has lots of friends and she clearly loves her job as a photographer, despite the sometimes tricky clients. There's just one problem: Sophie has very firmly turned her back on love. It's nothing personal, she tells Josh, but she just doesn't do dates. And no one - even Sophie's scatty best friend Tula - will tell him why. Josh is sure Sophie likes him, though, and he's just got to find out what's put her off romance. And then put things right...

My Thoughts :

I used to read a lot of Chick-lit before I discovered the Paranormal genre and only a couple of those authors still manage to catch my interest.  One of those is Jill Mansell.  I have enjoyed each and everyone of her books so far and always try and get a copy of anything new that comes out.  Her stories are always emotional but wonderful and I love spending time with the characters she creates.

The audio book was well narrated and it really brought the story to life.  Delving into the lives of the characters in this book is like watching a soap opera but instead of crazy over the top situations there are well thought out 'that could happen' moments.

I enjoyed my time in Cornwall with the cast of this book and it was lovely to see all their stories unfolding and reaching a high point.  All the ups and downs, the emotions and thoughts, it is all wonderfully written and made me smile one more than a few occasions.

Jill Mansell stays on my must read list.  If you are looking for something in the chick-lit/romance genre for yourself or a friend then I can only highly recommend Jill's books.  Every book is a new story filled with characters and stories you can relate with and love.


Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



No comments: