Header Menu

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

140) Mist & Shadows by Yasmine Galenorn

The Blurb :

In Ghosts, you'll meet a man entranced by a picture of a woman who haunts him from beyond the grave.

Minor Deaths introduces you to Lisa, a Jumper, who must face a creature on one of her Jumps who threatens to lure her away from her body back on Earth.

Mortuary Man is the tale of a man's obsession with the dead.

Willowborn The Devil's Wind comes to Painter's Peak and brings with it a most unusual transformation.

Memory's Child is a story of the water Fae, and love both found and lost.

Siobhan and the Siren was Yasmine's very first published short story.

My Thoughts :

I am way behind on my yearly reading goal and I am trying to play catch up.  This involves reading some novellas so I will at least be back on track. There will be some serious reading going on over the Christmas holidays to make up for things but right now I am reading whatever I can, when I can.  So when I came across this collection of short stories by Yasmine Galenorn I decided to give it a go.  I am behind on her books right now and don't think I have managed to pick up anything written by her at all this year so it seemed like a good idea.

Unfortunately these stories were not my thing.  Not one of them really stood out and make me get excited and while they were all very well thought out and very interesting I didn't like them very much at all.  Maybe I was expecting something different.  Something more familiar.  Maybe my expectations were too high.  Whatever the reason, this collection was a bit of a disappointment.

However I think that any fans of the author should give this one a go.  I think the stories were well written and had some great concepts.  They just weren't for me.



Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



No comments: