Header Menu

Saturday, October 17, 2015

102) Malediction by Melissa F. Olson

The Blurb :

Ask Jesse Cruz how I died.

In life, Samantha Wheaton often got the last word—and not much has changed after her death. To find out what really happened to her sister, boundary witch Allison “Lex” Luther will travel to Los Angeles to talk to Cruz, the former LAPD detective who investigated the murder. When Jesse proves reluctant to talk, however, Lex must find more of the people connected to the Henry Remus case –including a young woman with a very ugly dog and very familiar powers.

As she searches for answers, Lex finds herself venturing deeper down a rabbit hole—one that may lead her to a big bad wolf.

My Thoughts :

Didn't I just read a book from this author?  Yes!  Luckily I went to check on her other books and saw that this novella fits in after the book I just read, Boundary Crossed and before the next book, Boundary Lines.  When I read the blurb for this short story it was obvious that this needed to be read before I start the second book in this series.  It is also pointed out by the author that this story is not to be read if you haven't already read the Scarlett Bernhard books.  This is something I can confirm.  Do not read this one without being up to date!  This is a spoiler novella.

Now if you have read all the books, Malediction isn't going to offer you much in the way of new information.  Readers of the Scarlett Bernhard series already know how Sam got killed and what really happened.  However it is really important to the new series that Lex finds out the truth.  This is a story that opens up Lex's 'Old World' a little more and also lets us have a little look at what is going on back in LA.  Some things have changed and others have not.  It is a nice interesting trip and a nice extra story strengthening the connection between the two series.

Well worth reading if you have read all the installments so far.  A definite must read before reading Boundary Lines and I am really happy I didn't start listening to that one yet.  I am pretty sure I would have been disappointed seeing as the ending of Boundary Crossed pointed to this line of questioning.







Amberkatze's Book Blog


No comments: