Header Menu

Saturday, March 19, 2016

24) Cat Trick by Sofie Kelly

The Blurb :

A group of Mayville Heights’ business people hope to convince the Chicago-based company, Legacy Tours, to sell a vacation package in their town. Legacy Tours partner, Mike Glazer, grew up in Mayville Heights, but it seems he’s not the same small-town boy people remember. Everyone seems to have an issue with the opinionated loudmouth Mike has become—until someone shuts him up for good.

When Kathleen and her cat, Hercules, discover Mike’s body near the boardwalk, she can’t help but get involved in the investigation—even if it might torpedo her relationship with Detective Marcus Gordon. Now, with a little help from Hercules and Owen, it’s up to Kathleen to make sure the killer is booked for an extended stay in prison before some else takes a permanent vacation.

My Thoughts :

I have spent a good two weeks trying to listen to this audio book.  The series is on my reading challenge for this year and I have been enjoying the audio versions.  However as I mentioned before I changed jobs and don't have a long commute anymore.  So I have less time to listen to a book.  Now I try and listen to it at home as well but it just isn't the same.  So it has and is taking me longer to get audios finished.

This is the fourth book in the series and wasn't the best so far.  I figured things out pretty early on and it was actually quite obvious.  I enjoy the characters and location a lot so I could over look the easy and pretty boring plot this time around but I really hope the next installment has a bit more excitement and is also more compelling.

The magical cats angle was feeling less magical this time around too.  Any cat can meow when you ask them something and they will run away and get into trouble anywhere.  So this book didn't really impress me.  I could ask my cats any question and decide that their actions are a response and interpret it to mean whatever I want.  Hercules and Owen are fun but they also need to up their game.

A nice series that is more cute than magical.  This one wasn't the best of the bunch so far but I am hopeful the next one will be.  Well worth listening to but I do find the narrator could speed things up a little.  I feel like she talking a lot slower than other audio narrators.




Amberkatze's Book Blog


No comments: