Header Menu

Thursday, July 21, 2016

55) A Hiss-tory of Magi by Harper Lin

The Blurb :

Cath Greenstone, her cousin Bea, and her hippie aunt Astrid live in Wonder Falls, a small town near the mystical Niagara Falls. They run the Brew-Ha-Ha café, and naturally, they’re witches hiding in plain sight along with their three magical cats, Treacle, Peanut Butter, and Marshmallow.

When Brew-Ha-Ha's baker is burnt to a crisp, along with their beloved café, Aunt Astrid lets out a big family secret: a powerful spell book, a Greenstone heirloom from the Salem days, has been stolen from its secret hiding spot in the café. If it’s fallen into the wrong hands, black magic could destroy not only Wonder Falls but the world.

A secret society… A new detective with a shady past… A once-bullied local returning to town as a multimillionaire.

Who in town could know Cath’s family secret? Cath, Bea, and Astrid must use their witch powers to uncover the deadly truth. Cath communicates with their cats, also magically inclined, and they help uncover more than one secret lurking in wonderful Wonder Falls.

My Thoughts :

This book has been on my radar for a while and on my Kindle waiting for me.  As part of a challenge to read some of those older to be read books on the pile, this book was picked for me to read in the month of July and I managed to be pretty punctual about it!

A Hiss-tory in Magic is the debut book in the Wonder Cats Mysteries and I have to say I really enjoyed it.  There was a great combination of magic, cats and mystery to keep me hooked until the very end and I found myself reading this one really quickly.  Actually it was just one morning of curled up in bed with this one, it was that lovely.

Not a totally new concept, witches, cats and all but this series certainly has some nice little twists here and there to keep it feeling fresh.  Also the lovely characters and cats made this one even more enjoyable to read and I can't wait to read more in the series.

Well worth checking out if you love a good paranormal cozy mystery and also a nice quick read for your Summer reading pile.  I am sure I will be reading the next book in the series very soon!





Amberkatze's Book Blog




No comments: