Header Menu

Sunday, August 21, 2016

66) An Ice Cold Grave by Charlaine Harris

The Blurb :

Hired to find a boy gene missing in Doraville, North Carolina, Harper Connelly and her brother Tolliver head there, only to discover that the boy was the only one left of several who had disappeared over the previous five years. All of them teenagers. All unlikely runaways.

All calling for Harper.

Harper soon finds them—eight victims, buried in the half-frozen ground, all come to an unspeakable end. Afterward, what she most wants to do is collect her fee and get out of town ahead of the media storm that's soon to descend. But when she's attacked and prevented from leaving, she reluctantly becomes a part of the investigation as she learns more than she cares to about the dark mysteries and long-hidden secrets of Doraville—knowledge that makes her the next person likely to rest in an ice-cold grave.

My Thoughts :

August hasn't been a great month for reading any kind of Kindle or physical books.  However I am doing pretty well on the audio book front.  All fans of Charlaine Harris will of, like me, have already read the Harper Connelly series but Charlaine Harris has managed to achieve something that rarely happens.  I want to read her books again.  So far I have read listened to all the Sookie Stackhouse, Aurora Teagarden, Midnight and Lily Bard books so I only have the Harper Connelly ones left.  Yes I have read all of them before but the audio books are so good!

I only just listened to the second book in the series, Grave Surprise the other week.  While I have many other books to listen to I just couldn't resist this third installment.  Just like the second book, I couldn't really remember anything about what happened.  It has been a long time since I read An Ice Cold Grave and the majority of the plot was forgotten long ago.  Which made listening to this one even more interesting.

As with all other books by Charlaine Harris it was a great listen and once again a pleasure to read.  The series is unusual, exciting and keeps you guessing until the end.  I was happy see Manfred again in this third book.  A character who also appears in the Midnight series. Most of the characters from Midnight have made appearances in other books but they have been forgotten over the years. One thing I didn't forget is Harper and Tolliver changing their relationship status.  You can see it coming throughout the series but it was still an interesting development.

I am looking forward to listening to next and final book in the series.  I really can't remember why this series stopped after the fourth book but with a new Aurora Teagarden installment due for release soon maybe there will also be a new Harper Connolly book sometime in the future.





Amberkatze's Book Blog




No comments: