Header Menu

Thursday, August 6, 2009

153) Demon Inside by Stacia Kane

Three months have passed since psychologist Megan Chase made the shocking discovery that the world is filled with demons. Strangely though Megan is the only person in the world who doesn't have her own personal demon sitting on her shoulder. However that doesn't mean she has nothing to do with the world in which they live. Megan has become the leader of a demon 'family' and is finding it hard to understand what is expected from her.

So when Megan finds out that some of her demons are being killed she is forced to address the situation. Lucky she has her demon lover Greyson Dante to help her but sometimes his help isn't the kind she needs. While Megan is busy trying to keep her demons safe and under control she also finds herself dealing with some family issues and finding out the truth about her past.

With personal problems and personal demons, Megan is really having one hell of a time. So it is great that she isn't alone. Her demon guards do everything they can and her friends Tera and Brian are always around to support her. Maybe now Megan can put the past behind her, have enough strength to get through the present and manage to face her demon future?

In April last year I read 'Personal Demons' the first in the series about Megan Chase. I absolutely loved it and couldn't wait for the next book in this amazing new series. So when the book arrived and I my review quote even made it on to the cover I knew I was in for a treat!

However before I say how great this book was I have to moan a little ;) I have to ask - Why such a long wait? I dived straight into this and felt a little out of my depth at the beginning. I realised that after all this time the storyline from Personal Demons wasn't that fresh in my mind as I thought it was. Lost and confused I kept reading and was rewarded but I have to wonder why the publishers made us wait for so long!

Apart from that, all I can say is - Bravo! Stacia Kane has got a good feeling for Paranormal Urban Fantasy and has managed to start her own unique series. Megan is a realistic character who has lots of problems but no easy way out given to her by the author. She deals with things like we all would. She screams, she runs away and sometimes she is sick from it all.

The story is fast and furious and the action is non-stop. Just when you think Megan and her demons have a break from it all something else pops up and has them on the move again. This book doesn't have any dull moments in it and once I got back into Megan's world I couldn't stay away.

If you haven't read the first book in the series, Personal Demons, then I highly recommend you read it and Demon Inside as close together as possible. If you have already read Personal Demons and like me, you read ages ago, then try to catch up with Megan first before heading on to Demon Inside.

All in all this is scary, sexy and serious. With not as many laughs as last time this series looks like it will get deeper and darker and I am all for it! Bring it on!

1 comment:

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

Great review!! I haven't started Stacia's books yet but I'm definitely planning on it. And she's super nice so that's always a plus =)