Header Menu

Friday, January 1, 2010

1) Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Guilty Pleasures Volume 2 by Laurell K. Hamilton

I, like many other Paranormal Genre lovers, have read all about Anita Blake. The vampire hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton is very famous but I have to admit that I only got to book 8? maybe 9? and then lost interest. I have a few more books in the series on my to be read pile but they just don't appeal to me. So when I got given a couple of Anita Blake graphic novels I was surprised at how much I enjoyed them.

For Christmas I got volume 2 in the guilty pleasures graphic novels and I enjoyed it as much as the others I have read. The story keeps to the original Guilty Pleasures novel but isn't as long winded. The illustrations are absolutely amazing and I can only dream of being able to draw something as well done as this. All the characters look exactly like I expected and the details in the artwork are extremely good.

If you are a fan of the series this is definitely a lovely addition to the Anita Blake collection. If you are like me and enjoy a good graphic novel now and again then I can highly recommend these books. I will certainly be keeping an eye out for more in the series. Where as the full length novels didn't excite me that much, these graphic representations are hard to get hold of but worth it.

2 comments:

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

I've read both Volumes 1 and 2 and really loved the fact that they really stuck to the book =)

Jackie said...

Thanks for the tip Amber, have only read the books themselves and never thought about the graphic novels. Sort of like reading comic books only better...

Jackie B Central Texas