Header Menu

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

217) Supernatural : Origins by Peter Johnson

This graphic novel is based on the amazing TV series, Supernatural. The story follows John Winchester as he tries to deal with the suspicious and unnatural death of his wife. His sons Sam and Dean play a small part in the story but the main focus is how the famous hunter started his hunt. How it all began. The Origin.

I haven't read many graphic novels but the ones I have read impressed me alot. So my previous experience and the fact that this was about one of my favourite TV series really made me want to check out this graphic novel story. It was obvious to me that this novel was going to be more about John than the boys and I looked forward to getting to know the origin of the Supernatural story better.

All this said I will not be following these graphic novels about Supernatural any further. Compared to others I have read the drawing in this book was poor. All the characters had black holes for eyes and there was no real depth or detail to the pictures. I found them boring and couldn't even find an resemblance to the TV show or characters I have come to know and love.

The plot was poor and erratic. There was no real point to the story and nothing really spectacular happened. There is so much they could have done with this and it feels like they just rushed their way through to get it done and hopefully make some extra money. Not impressed.

I haven't gone off the idea of other graphic novels and I intend on reading a few more over the next couple of days. I just hope that they don't disappoint me as much as this one did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. The art was dreadful (the story not much better.) Like you, I had high hopes for this series, but it was a big letdown.