Header Menu

Monday, February 8, 2010

18) Dead To The World by Charlaine Harris

Anyone who has been following my blog the last few months will know that I have been re-visiting the Sookie Stackhouse series via audiobook. Well I just finished listening to book 4 today and it was one of the best so far. Not only did Eric, one of my favourite characters, play a big role in this installment but also alot happened. So many little changes take place in this book that effect the ongoing story. So many characters were present that play bigger roles later on. Dead to the World is where things start getting even better.

This amazing series is one of the best paranormals out there but this book in the series really does stand out from the rest. Of course when I read this one years ago I didn't see the significance but now I see this one as a big piece of the puzzle. Things obviously evolved from this story and grew because of what took place in this book.

I admit, as always, that I had forgotten certain bits and pieces of the story and plot. This is a series that I have dearly wanted to read again but just never find the time. Thanks to audiobooks downloadable from iTunes and my trusty iPod I am a very happy Sookie fan! I am already downloading book five as I type this and will begin listening to it tomorrow on my way to work.

If you are a Sookie fan then I highly recommend these audiobooks. If you are looking for an audio to try then you can't go wrong with this series. If you haven't even heard of Sookie Stackhouse then you need to catch up! Quick! All in all this is a brilliant series that is not to be missed on audio or on paper.

No comments: