Header Menu

Saturday, February 27, 2010

27) Blood of the Demon by Diana Rowland

Kara Gillian is a cop with some unusual gifts. Not only can she use the power of 'othersight' but she is also a summoner of demons. Demons can be helpful but Kara has managed to summon a demon lord and now he wants her to belong only to him.

Her day job keeps her busy and she has two cases open that don't look quite right. So with the help of a handsome FBI agent she starts trying to put, the little evidence she has, together. However the help of the sexy Lord Rhyzkahl will make things go faster so she turns to the demons for help. She knows that the deaths she is investigating are special and are connected. She knows because something ate their souls.

I loved the first installment in this series, Mark of the Demon, and have been waiting for this sequel ever since. When this arrived in the post I wanted to start it straight away but was also worried that I would be disappointed. Afterall the second book in a series is sometimes the make or break. But I started Blood of the Demon this morning and have been snapping it up all day. I was hooked from page one!

I have always been a fan of writers like Tess Gerritsen and Patricia Cornwell and the whole crime/thriller genre. However the Paranormal genre has always been my favourite and wins every time when I go to my bookshelf to pick my next read. Then this comes along. A perfect mixture of the both! And written by someone who knows what they are talking about. Suspense, mystery and demons! What else could a paranormal fan ask for?

Well written with an amazing plot, this is a definite must read series for me. This is like a paranormal CSI and I am dying for more. One of the best new series I have come across lately and most likely the best demon themed. Diana Rowland has captured everything I want and the main character is someone I can relate to.

Make sure you try this because I don't think any fans of the Paranormal genre will regret it. This second book has sealed the deal for me and I looking forward to anything else this author has to throw at me. I am addicted!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This book sounds like a great read. Have to add to my TBR list for sure. Thanks!