Header Menu

Sunday, February 28, 2010

28) Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

If you are a scrub like Trella you are a nobody, someone who works on the lower levels and keeps Inside clean for the Uppers. You keep your head down so you won't get noticed. You do your job and try to avoid the Pop Cops.

However Trella has a friend and knows the pipes like the back of her hand. She uses them to sneak around and go places she shouldn't. She sometimes even goes to the Upper levels. Which is why someone needs her help. There is a Gateway to get Outside and Trella is the only one who can find the place. So a rebellion is started and this one girl tries to break down the divide between the Scrubs and Uppers and the Inside and the Out.

The Study and Glass series by this author are a favourite of mine and a must read. They are books that I have kept in my permanent collection and I have also managed to get friends and family hooked. So when I heard about Inside Out I was excited about a new series but then the blurb and cover made me wonder, could this be as good?

The answer is a big Yes. Inside Out may, in some ways, be the complete opposite to the Study and Glass series but the imagination of the writer shines through. Another new unique world has been crafted by the author and yet again she has created a lovely lead character to star in it. The suspense is addictive and the twists and turns shocking. I enjoyed this alot!

More Sci-fi than Fantasy this reminded me a little of Peeps by Scott Westerfeld. However Inside Out is much more brilliant and inventive. This new series has certainly surprised me but I know that Maria isn't finished amazing us yet. There are still questions to be answered and I can't wait to read the next adventure of the Inside to find out what happens to Trella and the rest of her Scrubs.

Inside Out is due for release in April

Maria's Previous releases -

Poison Study
Magic Study
Fire Study

Storm Glass
Sea Glass

No comments: