Header Menu

Sunday, March 7, 2010

31) Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready

Logan is supposed to have the best birthday ever. Playing a gig with record label guys in the audience is going to be amazing for him but it is the party afterwards that will make the night unforgettable for Aura. She is planning to finally let Logan take her to bed. It will be memorable in so many ways but as with most best laid plans, something goes wrong.

Aura, like everyone else born after the Shift, can see and hear ghosts. So when she sees Logan as a ghost it doesn't scare her but shock her. He only went to have a shower. How can he be dead? Suddenly a gift that annoyed her becomes the only means of communication with her boyfriend. Her ex and very dead boyfriend.

Jeri Smith-Ready has been a favourite author of mine since I read the first book in her vampire series 'Wicked Game'. Since then I have read each of Jeri's books and haven't found fault with any of them. Today I read Shade and the only fault I can find is that the wait till the next book in the series is a year.

Shade is Jeri's debut in the YA genre and it is a definite must read. Spooky, mysterious and addictive, I didn't want to put this down and I felt its pull whenever I had to put it down. If I could of, I would have read this is one gulp it was so mesmerizing. I loved the main character Aura and the whole plot had me hooked from page one.

I don't want to give away too much because this beauty isn't released for another couple of months. However I will say that this is something for the young and old. The new take on ghosts and the world Jeri has created is one I thoroughly enjoyed getting lost in. This is already one of my favourite reads this year so far.

Make sure you check out Shade when it comes out in May. Until then catch up with Jeri's other amazing books. You won't be disappointed.

Shade is due for release on May 4th.

Other books by Jeri Smith-Ready :

Wicked Game
Bad to the Bone

Requiem for the Devil

Eyes of Crow
Voice of Crow
The Reawakened

No comments: