Header Menu

Friday, March 12, 2010

33) Pretty in Ink by Karen E. Olson

Tattoo artist Brett Kavanaugh owns the hottest tattoo shop in Vegas. Some of her clients invite her to opening night at the glamorous Nylon and Tattoos show but the evening ends in disaster. A stranger with a Queen of Hearts playing card tattooed on his arm injures one of the drag queen performers with a champagne cork.

Of course Brett is no stranger to solving mysteries and finds herself asking a few questions here and there. Suddenly she finds herself mixed up in something but has no idea what. Then murder is added to the mix and Brett finds herself in hospital. Things are getting dangerous in Vegas and the biggest clue Brett has is the ink.

I really liked the debut in this series, The Missing Ink, so I was eager to read this second part in the Tattoo Mysteries. At first though I found this new installment to be a little confusing and boring. I wondered if I had made a mistake with this one. However after the first third of the book I was really enjoying the twists and turns and was happy with the new Tattoo Mystery.

I have a few tattoos myself so the theme of this series really speaks to me. I also really like the main character Brett. She is no fuss, normal and realistic. I am really looking forward to seeing where this series goes and can't wait for the next release later this year. This may not be a paranormal but it is a well written cozy mystery that gives me a little break from the things that go bump in the night. If you are looking for a little something new then give this interesting and original series a try!

No comments: