Header Menu

Saturday, October 30, 2010

144) Ghost Town by Rachel Caine

The Blurb -

While developing a new system to maintain Morganville's defenses, student Claire Danvers discovers a way to amplify vampire mental powers. Through this, she's able to re-establish the field around this vampire-infested Texas college town that protects it from outsiders.

But the new upgrades have an unexpected consequence: people inside the town begin to slowly forget who they are-even the vampires. Soon, the town's little memory problem has turned into a full-on epidemic. Now Claire needs to figure out a way to pull the plug on her experiment- before she forgets how to save Morganville...

My Thoughts -

The Morganville Vampire series is on my must read list and Rachel Caine is on my must buy list. So I was extremely happy when this book magically appeared on my Kindle. My first pre-order on my new toy but this is a book that I will still by a copy of for my bookshelf because this is also a keeper. Just like the previous books in the series I know I want to read them again and lend them to friends.

I thought Ghost Town was going to be about ghosts. You see I don't even bother to read blurbs of a must buy series because I don't want to spoil any surprises. So this one was a huge surprise because there were no spooky ghosts, just ghosts from the past. This made for a great plot and a very exciting story but that was to be expected. After all when has the Morganville series ever been boring?

So now I have had my 'fix' for a while and now I can happily wait for the next installment. Sure there was some little cliffhangers at the end of this book but I am still happy to wait and let Claire and the gang recharge their batteries before they come back with another fully packed episode of vampire!

If you haven't tried this series then you should have ages ago. Sure this is a YA but you could always buy it for a daughter, niece etc for Christmas and then read it yourself before wrapping it. Anyone who is already addicted to Morganville needs to get a copy of this asap. It is everything you want and more.

No comments: