Header Menu

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

53) A Hard Day's Fright by Casey Daniels

The Blurb -

What happened to a teenager named Lucy one night in 1966 after a Beatles concert? She rushed the stage, kissed Paul, started home with her friends, and was never seen again-until cemetery guide and unintentional PI to the dead Pepper Martin sees her as a ghost. Lucy's spirit can't rest in peace until her body is found and buried. But how will Pepper track down a missing corpse after forty-five years?

My Review -

Pepper Martin #7 has a lot of feeling in it and a more personal touch than the previous books. The ghost Pepper has to help in this new release is a very old and dead friend of her boss Ella. So Pepper spends quite a bit of time with Ella and her daughter Ariel. A nice touch and a different pace than I was used to but still all the sleuthing and ghostly goodness was included and it made for fantastic reading.

I loved the look back into the 60's and getting to know Ella better. Also there was an extremely cool Quinn scene that really has me hoping that Pepper and him get back together or at least become good friends. The murder mystery this time was a little sad but things got put to rest with all loose ends tied up and I felt happy with the ending of the case.

What I am not too happy about is the ending for Pepper! I wonder what will happen next! I don't want to give anything away but it looks like Pepper is going to have a change of scenery in the next book. Although as long as the ghostly mysteries keep coming I have no problem where she solves them. I love this series and can't wait for more.

Spooky sleuthing fun and always a mystery that doesn't give up the solution till the very end. I am looking forward to more Pepper. This series remains and continues to be on my must read and must pre-order list!

Read an interview with the author Casey Daniels and also enter this weeks contest! You may win one of three Pepper Martin books!

No comments: