Header Menu

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

143) Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

The Blurb :

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

My Review :

I love Richelle's work but there seems to be a lot of it around lately. A new expensive release wasn't on the cards for me but when this popped up on my Audible account I couldn't resist it. Despite not enjoying the Vampire Academy Series as much as Richelle's Succubus series I was really eager to see what kind of story she could build up from the VA leftovers.

Things started off a little slow and I wondered if I had made a mistake bothering with this new series. I kept listening and really started to like Sydney a lot. She is so different to Rose and someone I would love to be friends with. For her alone I kept listening and it worked out it was worth it.

Once the story really started opening up I was hooked. The plot thickened and the story got deep. I enjoyed getting to know all the characters who were taking part in this new spin-off of the Vampire Academy series. It was amazing how different this series has started off even though it is set in the same world and shares the shame characters. I loved the new perspective and found the alchemist side of things more than interesting.

There is obviously still some more surprises to come in this series and I am really looking forward to book two when it comes out. There was a little cliffhanger at the end and quite a few unanswered questions. All in all I think Bloodlines impressed me more than the VA series ever did. I did enjoy Rose's story but somehow Sydney has won me over.

Amazing, worth reading and get a copy for your friends. This is one you can give out as a Christmas present and despite it being aimed at Young Adults it isn't childish and definitely ok for the older reader. Richelle has done a good job and I look forward to getting together with Sydney again.

No comments: