Header Menu

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

1) Bloodstone by Nancy Holzner

The Blurb :

Boston’s diverse South End is known for its architecture and great restaurants, not its body count. So when mutilated human corpses begin turning up in the area, the entire city takes notice. The killer—dubbed the South End Reaper—uses a curved blade for his grisly work. And even though there’s no real evidence pointing to a paranormal culprit, the deaths are straining the already-tense relations between Boston’s human and inhuman residents.

As the bodies pile up, Vicky, her formidable aunt Mab, and her werewolf boyfriend Kane investigate, only to find that the creature behind the carnage is after something much more than blood…

My Thoughts :

To start off the new year I decided to go with a book I have been dying to read for a while. Bloodstone is the third part in the Deadtown series and funnily enough the second book, Hellforged, was my first read in 2011. Also Nancy is my author guest this week so it seemed totally fitting on many counts to read Bloodstone.

When I read Deadtown a few years ago I was impressed by the detail and depth the author had gone to house her cool kick-ass heroine. The unique angle on the usual paranormal story really made me love this series from the start and with its Welsh connections I was sold.

Now three books into the series I am still hooked. Bloodstone could actually be my favourite in the series so far although it is hard to say that for sure because all three books have been amazing reads. The world this author has created is spectacular. I can really feel it and understand why Boston has been divided in the way it has. The author paints a great picture of what it would look and feel like to live in Deadtown and Victory is a super leading lady.

There are so many things I like about this series. I can't really can't find any faults in it. I love the style, the atmosphere and the characters. The idea, story and plot are original and exciting. Things are developing nicely and I am eager to see what happens next. Hopefully another trip to Wales, maybe Tina will be more active next time around, Maria could turn out to be a great angle and well I fear but love Mab.

A fantastic mix of paranormal, action and mystery. I can only highly recommend trying this series because it certainly is one of the best Urban Fantasy series out there. Maybe the author would even expand on this series and write something from another Deadtown perspective. I think Dead has a lot more stories to tell and I want to read them all.

*** Want to win a signed copy of one of Nancy's Deadtown books? Enter the contest! ***

3 comments:

Aurian said...

Great review Amber, and I am glad your first read of the year was a great one! Looking forward to starting this series someday.

Vickie said...

I am looking forward to starting this series soon. Glad it just gets better.

Victoria said...

Thanks for the nice review. I haven't read any of this series yet.