Header Menu

Friday, January 13, 2012

7) One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

The Blurb :

Having narrowly averted an (under)world war, Cat Crawfield wants nothing more than a little downtime with her vampire husband, Bones. Unfortunately, her gift from New Orleans' voodoo queen just keeps on giving--leading to a personal favor that sends them into battle once again, this time against a villainous spirit.

Centuries ago, Heinrich Kramer was a witch hunter. Now, every All Hallows Eve, he takes physical form to torture innocent women before burning them alive. This year, however, a determined Cat and Bones must risk all to send him back to the other side of eternity--forever. But how do you kill a killer who's already long dead?

My Thoughts :

For some unknown reason I decided to give this book a miss when it was released. The Night Huntress series used to be a must buy for me but something kept me from snatching this one up when it came out. So while using my Audible credits I came across it and decided I would give listening to Cat and Bones a chance.

The story, plot and characters were as I remembered and expected. Well written, exciting and lots of action. I really enjoying this installment in the series and can't believe I missed out on reading it when it came out. Of course the wait didn't hurt me too much and despite it being a great story I think I appreciated it more after having such a long break from the vampire husband and wife duo. After all they can be a bit much at times.

The audio version was well read and the narrator was as usual not the voice I was expecting when it started. After a while I got used to the voice and she became Cat and I liked her. However being British I have to say I am not a fan of her 'Bones' voice. Although living in Austria I have to admire her German take on things.

This series is a must read. Yes I didn't buy it when it released but it still stays on the must read list. One Grave at a time was a good addition to the series and maybe I won't wait as long to catch up with Cat and Bones next time. Maybe I will visit them on Audible again...

1 comment:

Aurian said...

For some reason, I stopped reading after the third or fourth book. Really need to pick it up again.