Header Menu

Saturday, February 18, 2012

25) Sweetheart in High Heels by Gemma Halliday

The Blurb

Being the wife of a cop isn't all it's cracked up to be. Especially when dead bodies keep ruining your romantic dinner plans. But fashion designer turned amateur sleuth Maddie Springer is determined that her husband's latest case, dubbed the "Sex Shop Murder", will not keep him from celebrating their first anniversary together, which just happens to fall on the most romantic of all holidays, Valentine's Day. She's ready to do whatever it takes to make this night special and distraction-free - even if it means solving his case herself!

My Thoughts :

I was very happy to find this series was still going or at least had some new additions added to it. This was a cozy mystery series I really enjoyed and for some reason I never checked up on it until I saw a recommendation for it on Amazon.

This short story was like going to visit sn old friend. Depsite not reading anything sbout Maddie for so long it didn't take me long to catch-up with her and feel at home with everything. The plot was good for a novella and it managed to fit in some good stuff. A huge improvement on the Christmas novella.

Definitely worth trying if you are sure about the full length mysteries. Also a nice little short cozy to put on your Kindle for when you want a good quick read. I am happy I found this one and hope the author writes some more High Heel stories.

No comments: