Header Menu

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

123) Grimoire of the Lamb by Kevin Hearne


The Blurb :

There's nothing like an impromptu holiday to explore the birthplace of modern civilisation, but when Atticus and Oberon pursue a book-stealing Egyptian wizard - with a penchant for lamb - to the land of the pharaohs, they find themselves in hot, crocodile-infested water.

The trip takes an even nastier turn when they discover the true nature of the nefarious plot they've been drawn into. On the wrong side of the vengeful cat goddess Bast and chased by an unfathomable number of her yowling four-legged disciples, Atticus must find a way to appease or defeat Egypt's deadliest gods - before his grimoire-grabbing quarry uses them to turn him into mincemeat.

My Thoughts :

I am playing catch-up with this series and I am seriously behind.  I didn't even read the first book until July and actually only have two under my belt.  However a follower (Thank you Aurian) mentioned that there are some novella's that I shouldn't miss.  So I decided to check this out before continuing with the series.

I found two short stories from the series that fit in before the series start.  I decided I better read both of them and even though I was sure they would have no revelance to the full novels I knew I had to check them out and try and keep to the order of the series.

This novella is around eighty pages long and is quite Eygptian based.  So if you are a fan of the Nile, Bast and tombs, this is one for you.  I won't spoil the story but going into the plot but I can say that despite being a short story it still packed a nice punch.  Atticus and Oberon managed to do some good and they got to travel as well.  It was interesting, unusual and well thought out.  I liked it.

Grimoire of the Lamb would make a good introduction read for anyone who hasn't tried the series yet.  There isn't as much wow factor to it as the debut book but it will certainly pique the interest.  If you are a fan and haven't yet read the novella's then you may want to check this one out.  It doesn't really make any impact on the series but it is a great story and you will enjoy it as much as the full length novels.









  Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository


Amberkatze's Book Blog



1 comment:

Aurian said...

Happy to have been of service to you :) I enjoyed this novella as well. The one you can't miss, is Two Ravens and a Crow, that one is important to the series itself.