Header Menu

Monday, March 17, 2014

22) Tricked by Kevin Hearne

The Blurb :

Druid Atticus O’Sullivan hasn’t stayed alive for more than two millennia without a fair bit of Celtic cunning. So when vengeful thunder gods come Norse by Southwest looking for payback, Atticus, with a little help from the Navajo trickster god Coyote, lets them think that they’ve chopped up his body in the Arizona desert.

But the mischievous Coyote is not above a little sleight of paw, and Atticus soon finds that he’s been duped into battling bloodthirsty desert shapeshifters called skinwalkers. Just when the Druid thinks he’s got a handle on all the duplicity, betrayal comes from an unlikely source. If Atticus survives this time, he vows he won’t be fooled again. Famous last words.

My Thoughts :

I am slowly catching up with this series and it is made easier by Audible.com.  All that time I waste walking around each day and not being able to read is filled with this amazing narrator and series.  I already have book five and six waiting for me on my ipod.  I am still kicking myself for not starting The iron Druid Chronicles earlier and for not taking notice of other people's recommendations.  This is started out so good and just continues to amaze and delight me.

Atticus has mentioned starting his life over on many occasions in the last few books and how he has had to go through it many times.  So this book finally sees him with a new identity and a new place to live.  There is also a bit of throw back from everything that took place in the previous book with some vampire problems and an old friend coming to harm.  However this book is many about Coyote and what Atticus has to do for him because of an arrangement.  It is a clever story and the author manages to keep things busy and exciting the whole way through without it being too much.

The concept for this series is original and interesting while the plot is always addictive and unusual.  I am really enjoying all of the characters and especially like Oberon's conversations with Atticus and Granuaile's womanly influences.  This time around I found the relationship between Druid and apprentice even more fascinating than before.  Firstly there seems to be something more between the two and secondly the stories Atticus was telling her about his past were so captivating.  Thirdly it is still, for me at least, unsure what they will spend the next twelve years learning and teaching.  In one sense I hope the books jump a few years so we don't have to wait too long for Granuaile to become a druid but on the other hand I don't want to miss any of the training.

I am really looking forward to the next book and will start listening to it asap.  Also before listening to book number five I will check out the other novella that falls between these two books.  Starting late on the series does have the benefits of reading everything in order and being able to gobble the whole thing up without waiting for the next book to release.  However I fear I will be catching up with the series soon and will have to wait like everyone else but I can't stop myself from listening.  This series is just too tasty good!







 Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository




Amberkatze's Book Blog

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

1 comment:

Aurian said...

I am happy you still love the books :) And More surprises to come.