Header Menu

Friday, April 25, 2014

43) That Way Lies Madness by James R. Tuck

The Blurb :

DEEP SPACE.

The void does not care if you live or die.
It's TERRIFYING.

How do you survive an EVIL that lives on the empty edge of the universe?

My Thoughts :

There isn't much to say about this short story.  It is nothing like the Deacon Chalk series, a story by this author I have been really enjoying.  That Way Lies Madness is more science fiction than supernatural and it is quite mad as the title suggests.

As short stories go it isn't bad.  However this wasn't really my cup of tea.  While I love a good Sci-fi TV series or movie I am not a big fan of books in the genre and so this one failed to pique my interest much.  I wish I could have liked it more but the style and content were just not my thing.

However I did see some of the goodness shine through in the story.  There were emotions, action and a twist.  The refreshing unhappy ending was welcomed by me as it does get boring to find everyone live happy ever after in every book you read.  So this book managed to earn some stars from me despite my lack of enthusiasm for the story in general.

I am sure anyone who likes the 'Lovecraftian' style then they will surely like this short read.  Even fans of James R. Tuck may enjoy seeing that else the author has on offer.




Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository




Amberkatze's Book Blog





↑ Grab this Headline Animator




No comments: