Header Menu

Thursday, October 2, 2014

105) Not the Killing Type by Lorna Barrett

The Blurb :

It’s November in Stoneham, New Hampshire, and that means it’s time for the Chamber of Commerce elections. The race is already a bit heated, as the long-standing Chamber president is being challenged by a former lover—Tricia’s own sister, Angelica. Then local small business owner Stan Berry throws his hat in the ring.

Unfortunately, it’s not there for long when he’s found murdered in the Brookview Inn. The murder weapon is a brass letter opener belonging to the inn’s receptionist. Tricia knows there’s no way the receptionist is a killer. And when Angelica asks Tricia to help clear her name and win the election, she sees little choice except to start snooping.

She soon uncovers a ballot box full of lies and betrayals, and a chamber full of people who had grudges against the victim. But were they serious enough to lead to murder? And who truly had something to gain? Tricia will have to do some serious sleuthing before she pulls the lever on a killer

My Thoughts :

I have been enjoying this series a lot and it has been really hard for me not to ignore my to be read pile and just concentrate on the Booktown mysteries.  Finishing this seventh installment means I am nearly all caught up with the series.  It has been an interesting story so far and the continuing plot regarding Tricia and the other characters is very compelling.  The murder mystery woven into each book is just a lovely tasty side dish and I can't help but get pulled into the story, place and people when reading these books.

This time around there was some developments that left me a little unsure of the future.  Angelica manages to take on even more work, Tricia has some problems with her ex-husband and Ginny finally gets married.  There are some other little bits and pieces going on around town and I really would love to be a fly on the wall in this fictional town because there is definitely more going on than we get to read about.

There are so many unanswered questions and a lot of them revolve around the mysterious woman who has been investing so much money into the town.  We find out more details in this book but not exactly who she is and like everyone in town we still haven't met her.  I have a sneaky suspicion that when we finally find out who it is, it will be someone we know or someone who has a big connection to everything.  I wonder how long the author will keep us wondering and guessing.

I really wanted to go read the next book straight away (This happens every time I finish an installment of this series) and nearly did.  However the price of the next, and latest, book is quite ridiculous.  I am not saying the author doesn't deserve to earn a good amount of money but the previous books have been about half of the price.  So I guess I will have to wait a little.  It isn't as if I don't have anything else to read ;)

All in all I am loving this series and as cozies go it is one of the best.  I hope this author keeps up the good work and I can only wish for her to write a more Paranormal cozy series.  She definitely has a talent (she has other books under other names) and maybe a ghost or psychic could be involved in her next series.






Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository




Amberkatze's Book Blog


↑ Grab this Headline Animator





No comments: