Header Menu

Saturday, October 4, 2014

106) Whiskey for Breakfast by Liliana Hart

The Blurb :

The Private Investigator's Handbook

Rule #1: Don't break the law

Rule #2: See Rule #1

...And then there's Addison Holmes, who makes up her handbook as she goes along.

Addison is licensed to carry and she means business. The only thing getting in her way is a sexy detective, a neighborhood watch from hell, a dead billionaire, a black market sperm bank, and a long lost heir.

Piece of cake...

My Thoughts :

Just like the Mudbug series, I got addicted to the Addison Holmes series.  Both are series are the audio book versions that I came across on Audible.com and decided to give them a try.  They both worked out to be great choices.  Whiskey for Breakfast is the third book in the series and it got rid of any doubts I had about the books.  Maybe I just got used to the narrator or I got used to Addison but something happened in this third installment to make me really like this series and want more.

There are the usual shenanigans in Whiskey for Breakfast as well as some interesting developments.  A Holmes family member turns up and we find out more about Nick.  There are some fun Rosemarie moments and more Kate problems to sort out.  There is also NAD (read and find out more) and the handsome FBI agent Savage in the neighbourhood which is sometimes a good and sometimes a bad thing.

On top of all the things going on around Addison's private life she also has her work.  The case she is given this time around seems harmless enough at first but it slowly opens up into some more mysterious and dangerous.  Once again Addison gets involved in something that leaves her in some really life threatening situations.

This has turned out to be a very fun and quirky series and I am glad I took a chance on it.  Stephanie Plum could be Addison Holmes cousin with the amount of giggles, crazy happenings and romantic problems they have.  Addison is not as explosive as Plum but they both have a certain something that makes you laugh, cringe and go back for more.

Whiskey for Breakfast has a nice cliffhanger ending but I have to admit I saw it coming.  The author either wanted the reader to make the jump before Addison found out or thought it may not be as obvious as it was.  If she goes ahead with the storyline that she is setting up for Addison then she is giving herself a huge challenge and I am sure it will make for great reading!  However if she decides to make it somehow 'go away' I will slightly disappointed and hope the reason given not over the top or stupid.

I would really like to listen to the fourth installment but it isn't available on Audible.  Just like the next episode in the Mudbug series it seems I will have to wait.  I could get the books and read the next installments but once you start a series via audio it is hard to make the switch.  So I will be keeping a look out and hopefully I won't have to wait too long for them to make an appearance.




Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



No comments: