Header Menu

Monday, November 17, 2014

126) Black Widow by Jennifer Estep

The Blurb :

With wicked Fire elemental Mab Monroe long gone, you’d think I could finally catch a break. But someone’s always trying to take me down, either as Gin Blanco or my assassin alter-ago. Now along comes the Spider’s new arch-nemesis, the mysteriously named M. M. Monroe, who is gleefully working overtime to trap me in a sticky web of deceit.

The thing is, I’m not the only target. I can see through the tangled threads enough to know that every bit of bad luck my friends have been having lately is no accident—and that each unfortunate “coincidence” is just one more arrow drawing ever closer to hitting the real bulls-eye. Though new to Ashland, this M. M. Monroe is no stranger to irony, trying to get me, an assassin, framed for murder. Yet, as my enemy’s master plan is slowly revealed, I have a sinking feeling that it will take more than my powerful Ice and Stone magic to stop my whole life from going up in flames.

My Thoughts :

Twelve books in already?  Doesn't time fly when you are having fun?  That's certainly the case when it comes to this series.  The Elemental Assassin series just keeps getting better and better.  How the author manages to keep things so exciting, fresh and awesome are a mystery to me but I am loving every minute of this series and have been since the beginning.

Black Widow is a story full of paranoia and legal problems.  It burns in more ways than one and there are some twists and turns that you definitely won't be expecting.  Gin once again proves how much of a bad-ass she is and puts frozen peas to the test as she once again manages to get in and out of some life threatening and very dangerous situations.

All the crew are around in this twelfth installment and they all get affected by the new Monroe in town.  The plot is, as always, genius and there is no slow quiet moment as the story unfolds and comes to an end.  The promise of more Gin Blanco and the Elementals in Ashland is the final hooray and happy moment in this book.   I can't wait to see what comes next.

If you haven't tried this series yet then you are really missing out on something special.  I have to say that this series is not only a must read but most definitely in the top three of my all time favourite series.  Jennifer Estep can keep writing about Gin as long as she wants as long as she keeps delivering amazing reads like the twelve already on the shelves.  Every new release is just another five star salute from me.  Don't miss out on this exceptional series.



Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



No comments: