Header Menu

Saturday, October 24, 2015

104) Boundary Lines by Melissa F. Olson

The Blurb :

Fitting into the Old World isn’t going very well for Boulder boundary witch Allison “Lex” Luther: she may have earned a place in a vampire’s service, but now it seems as if every supernatural creature in town has found a reason to hate her. And when Lex and her partner are assigned to investigate the suspicious disappearance of two vampires during the night of the full moon, they find themselves with more questions than answers.

Was it murder…or mutiny?

The crusade for answers will lead Lex all over the Colorado Old World, from a prison cell for a broken werewolf to a haunted Denver brothel. And when Lex determines the responsible party, the hunt is just beginning: something has been awakened in Boulder, something as old and powerful as it is terrifying. Only the woman with death in her blood can stop what’s coming.

My Thoughts :

I actually got an e-copy of this book to review but after playing catch up and listening to the first book in the series, Boundary Crossed, last week I went and bought the audio version of this book too.  The narrator was just too good to move over to reading the book and I also enjoyed the Scarlett Bernhard books, also by this author, on audible.  So before telling you how amazing this book was I will highly recommend listening to it.  There are just some books that are made even better because they have a great narrator and this is definitely one of them.

Boundary Lines is the second book in the Boundary Magic series and you really need to read the first book and the novella in between, Malediction, before making a start on this installment.  With such great world building and plot there is no way things will make sense if you haven't already heard how Lex's story began and what she has already been through.  So go get the first book and enjoy it so much that you won't believe that this one is even better.

I loved Boundary Crossed but Boundary Lines rocked even more.  The whole Boundary Witch aspect got much bigger and the paranormal elements expanded.  Things got complicated and there was enough mystery and action to keep me grabbing my earphones whenever I had time to listen to more.  The story was gripping and exciting.  On one hand I wanted to listen to it all in one go but on the hand I was scared to finish it because then it would be over and I would have to wait for the next part.

This is one of the best Paranormal Urban Fantasy books/authors I have read in a while.  Nothing has been as thrilling and addictive for me in the genre lately and I have been slowly moving away from this kind of read.  So I am really happy I found this new and original story and plot by a very talented author.  I can't wait for more from this world and writer.  I just hope I don't have to wait too long.







Amberkatze's Book Blog


No comments: