Header Menu

Saturday, January 2, 2016

1) Ghost in the Wind by E.J. Copperman

The Blurb :

Never meet your heroes—especially when they're dead…

Guesthouse owner, single mother, and reluctant ghost whisperer Alison Kerby is about to sit down to movie night with her family and friends when she’s struck speechless. Floating before her is the ghost of her musical idol, 1960s English rock star Vance McTiernan. He’s in desperate need of help from Alison and her resident ghostly gumshoe, Paul Harrison.

Reports claim that four months ago, Vance’s daughter died from a drug overdose. Vance, however, thinks she was murdered. While Alison agrees to help, Paul is suspicious of Vance’s motives. But after the body of the alleged killer is found in the movie room, Alison and Paul must act quickly before someone else finds a stairway to heaven…

My Thoughts :

A new year and it is off to a wonderful start as far as reading is concerned! This seventh installment in the Haunted Guest House series has been calling to me since it was released and the pre-order popped up on my Kindle.  I finally managed to settle down with it on New Year's Day and finished it off this morning.

As always this was a story full of ghosts and murder.  With the help of the resident ghosts, Alison once again, manages to solve the murder mystery and keep her Guest House running.  This time around there is a musical aspect to the mystery and a 'famous' ghost or two pop in for a visit and jamming session.

I really enjoy this series and was surprised by the conclusion of the mystery.  However I wasn't surprised by the mini mystery of Alison's sneezing and it was kind of sad to see her miss all the clues.  What was also sad is the lack of development and conversation between Alison and her guy.  She finally has a relationship and it was practically ignored.

This is a Guest House I would love to visit and despite the lack of food being served I am sure it is a great place to take a break.  I look forward to the next mystery in the series and hope that Alison's relationship gets a little further along and maybe a little time jump wouldn't be too bad.  I wouldn't mind seeing Alison's daughter grow up a couple of years.

Well worth reading if you like paranormals and a good cozy mystery.  Nothing scary or spooky here, just a well written plot and an interesting bunch of characters.  







Amberkatze's Book Blog


3 comments:

Aurian said...

Another series on my wishlist. What is a "gumshoe"?
Did you get the feeling the author doesn't know how to write a relationship and that is why nothing happens now he has made it a fact?

NoraA said...

I've been following this series from the beginning. I love putting the next one on my calendar when I get the release date for each one. E.J. is a wonderful author.

Unknown said...

@ Aurian - It could be that the author doesn't know what to do with the relationship. As far as I know this is a male author writing from a female lead POV. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next book.

@NoraA - I really want to try his other series but I have so many books to read...