Header Menu

Sunday, February 21, 2016

19) Bitter Bite by Jennifer Estep

The Blurb :

Which is stronger: blood ties or a battle-tested friendship?

It’s not easy being queen bee of an underworld abuzz with crooks and killers. Wielding my potent Ice and Stone elemental magic will only get me so far—my real secret is my tight-knit makeshift family, a motley crew of cops and criminals, dwarves and playboys. My foster brother Finnegan Lane is my right-hand man, but when his suddenly not-dead relative comes back into the picture, I’m the one on the outside looking in.

It’s funny how life works: one minute your best friend is rock-steady, and the next he’s doe-eyed and buying into this whole loving-relative routine to the point of ignoring you. I’d like to be happy for Finn, I really would. But all of my instincts are telling me that beneath the syrupy sweet demeanor and old-fashioned charm, this sudden interloper is planning something. The whole shtick leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. This person might have avoided the grave once, but I’ll put anyone who hurts Finn in the ground—for good.

My Thoughts :

Keep them coming!  The Elemental Assassin series continues to entertain with book number fourteen, Bitter Bite.  I knew that this would be good, all the books in this series are!  What I wasn't expecting was such nice twists and turns.  After all this time the author keeps on surprising me and keeping me hooked.

I don't want to give anything away because this book doesn't release till this coming week but I know that all you fans out there will be happy with this latest installment.  There is everything you have come to know and love whether it be the action, the mystery, the characters or the plot.  Things are just getting uglier and more dangerous in Ashland and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Original and addictive, this has got to be one of my favourite, if not my all time favourite, series.  I love Gin, the other characters and the ongoing story.  There is so much depth to the whole series that I really get pulled in to the whole situation.  It is like I am there with Gin, the description and emotions just grab hold and don't let go until the last word.

This series continues to entertain and amaze me.  Another five star read from an author who writes an absolutely wonderful story and has never disappointed me.   Looking forward to more Gin and anything else this author publishes.  She is certainly one of the best Paranormal Urban Fantasy authors who manages to offer something very unique to the genre.






Amberkatze's Book Blog


No comments: