Header Menu

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

37) War Horse by Micheal Morpurgo

The Blurb :

A powerful tale of war, redemption, and a hero's journey.

In 1914, Joey, a beautiful bay-red foal with a distinctive cross on his nose, is sold to the army and thrust into the midst of the war on the Western Front. With his officer, he charges toward the enemy, witnessing the horror of the battles in France. But even in the desolation of the trenches, Joey's courage touches the soldiers around him and he is able to find warmth and hope. But his heart aches for Albert, the farmer's son he left behind. Will he ever see his true master again?

My Thoughts :

I guess the first thing you are wondering when you see this book is why on Earth did she read this?  Yes it isn't my usual style of book but I am taking part in a Book Club and this was the book that was picked.  So it was read!

War Horse was a quick read and doesn't even reach two hundred pages.  It is a young adult book which has also been made into a film.  This story is very historical and somewhat educational.
It was a nice story, well thought out and interesting but it was also a little slow, somehow cliche and somewhat weird due to the horse perspective.  I managed to keep my feelings in check but I can imagine it being a really sad and emotional film to watch.

Not a bad book but definitely not something I would have picked to read myself.  Maybe when I was younger I would have appreciated this one more.





Amberkatze's Book Blog




No comments: