Header Menu

Sunday, June 21, 2009

126) Prey by Rachel Vincent

It has been two months since Faythe has seen Marc and she can't wait to have him in her arms again. On a mission as an enforcer for her Pride, Faythe is transporting Manx to her trial where she will hopefully not get executed. The plus side of this mission is that she will get to see Marc for all of one night, if she is lucky. However Faythe's luck hasn't got a good track record so who knows what will happen. So when they get ambushed Faythe can only assume that the strays who have ganged up on them are after Manx. What happens after that is more than bad luck.

Marc is missing, kidnapped, presumed dead. The Pride is under attack and Kaci the teenage were-panther Faythe took in is about to die because she refuses to shift. Pulled in all directions Faythe's main concern is Marc but there are events tearing her family apart and she can't ignore them. Faythe can only do what she does best, be smart and use her skills to hopefully save her family and her Pride.

Book four in the Shifters series has a huge wow factor. The series has been building up and up and there doesn't seem to be an end in site, thank god! This is a series that has literally got its claws gripped on to me and won't let go. I can't get enough of Faythe and her Pride and loved this new edition to the series.

I don't want to give too much away because this is definitely a book and series that is best discovered for yourself. However I will say that Faythe shines as always, the plot and story was amazing and this is a series that is not to be missed. Full of action this is clever and original. This is the only were-cat series out there and if there are more then it is the only one worth reading!

This is the best book I have read this month and I can't wait for more. Prey has left me panting for more and I can't wait to see how the little cliffhanger pans out. During the wait for the next Shifters book I will console myself with Rachel Vincent's new series, Soul Screamers. I am sure the debut, My Soul To Take, will be just as good as the Shifter series, if not better.

Advice - Read Rachel Vincent and you are reading one of the best Urban Fantasy authors out there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a cool read.