Header Menu

Sunday, June 28, 2009

130) Undead Much? by Stacey Jay

Megan Berry had a normal life until her power to settle the Undead returned. Then her best friend tried to kill her and totally ruined Homecoming by using black magic to raise zombies. However things aren't all that bad. Megan did manage to get a place on the pom squad and a gorgeous boyfriend. So every cloud, or in this case zombie attack, does have a silver lining.

So normal isn't exactly how Megan would describe her life anymore and things are just about to get even weirder. Super-strong zombies, an Undead hottie who won't Settle and a cheerleader vs. Pom squad war are just a few of the problems Megan is facing. Throw in some family secrets that could see Megan going to Settler prison for life and this sixteen-year-old has more worries than any normal teenager should have.

Undead Much? is the zombie filled sequel to You Are So Undead to Me. When I read the first book in this series I was totally sucked into the concept of a 'Zombie Settler' and what they did. This time around I got totally grabbed by the continuation and expansion of such a great unique idea.

Just as fun as the first book, Undead Much? sees Megan growing into her Settler abilities as well as finding out more about herself. The normality of being a teenager and dealing with all those feelings isn't lost on Megan but it is hard for her to find time to deal with them when zombies are trying to kill you. However I am sure that alot of Young Adult readers will be able to connect with Megan, Zombies or not.

This series has got some really likable characters. Megan and Ethan are two people I would love to be friends with and the new edition Cliff is definitely someone I want to hear from again. I am actually starting to like Monica a bit more and I hope she continues to grow into bigger character.

The story this time around was well thought out and kept me guessing till the end and kept to the fresh and unique taste it had last time. This series really is a great edition to the Young Adult Paranormal genre and is on par with Mari Mancusi and Heather Brewer. This is a series I am adding to my must read list.

Undead Much? isn't due out till January 2010 but until then make sure you catch up with and get to know Megan in You Are So Undead To Me. Also get to know the author and series by reading the Amberkatze's Book Blog interview with Stacey Jay. A huge thanks to Razorbill for letting me read this! I can't wait for book #3!

2 comments:

Heather B. said...

Stacey is from our home state. I can't wait to pick up a copy of her new book.

Vickie said...

will be on the lookout in January.