Header Menu

Sunday, December 27, 2009

215) Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The League is full of ruthless assassins. Expertly trained and highly valued they rule the Ichidian Universe. Command Assassin Nykyrian Quikiades left the League and has been hunted by them ever since. Many have tried to kill him but nobody has been able to stop him.

Now Nykyrian works as an assassin for hire. His current mission is to protect Kiara Zamir, who has become a target because of her well know father. Kiara's life has become more dangerous than ever before and she has to learn to trust the same kind of man who killed her mother and left her for dead all those years ago. However the only way both of them can survive is to look after each other. If they don't they will both end up dead.

I am a huge fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series so I was really happy to be offered her new series to review. The League isn't actually that new and as the author points out at the beginning this series is really the first thing she produced and is just now getting released for all to read. But is it worth it?

The beginning of this book caught me straight off but then quickly lost me again when I realised this was more Sci-fi than paranormal. However there was the usual Kenyon taste to the story so I kept up for a few more chapters. I have to admit that at one point I was ready to give up but instead I decided to take a break. After all, this is one of the authors who got me into the Paranormal genre in the first place and I needed to give her the beneift of the doubt.

So I went back to this book today and after a few more chapters of still figuring out who was who and why, I really got into it. By the time I got to the last hundred pages I was very glad that I have the next two books in the series already here waiting for me. Sure this isn't the Dark-Hunters and it is no where as good as Sherrilyn's famous series but it does has something.

With the strong characters, romance and action this is a suspense filled read till the end. Sure the first half of the book seemed a little confusing but once you get into the new world and adjust, things get alot better, fast. Definitely worth reading if you are a Kenyon fan and certainly check this out if you like a little Sci-fi but nothing too deep.

I am looking forward to reading the next two books Born of Fire and Born of Ice. Thanks for another great reading experience Sherrilyn!

No comments: