Header Menu

Saturday, May 15, 2010

68) Divine by Choice by P.C. Cast

The world of Partholon is full of goddesses, magic and intrigue. Shannon Parker may not have been planning to spend the rest of her life there but since she was pulled there she has made a life for herself. She has forgotten about her life on Earth and is content with her husband and the role she plays in Partholon. Then she gets a happy shock. Then she gets a nasty shock.

A burst of power pulls her back to Oklahoma and Shannon finds she can't return. Back in the world she grew up in she meets the man who is the mirror image of her husband back in Partholon. Can she trust him to help her after he brought her back to her old home? Meanwhile Shannon finds that her own mirror image, Rhiannon, has been up to a lot of no good. However what she didn't expect is that Rhiannon had managed to bring such evil over to Earth with her.

Of course I expected the second book in the Partholon series to involve Shannon going back to Earth somehow. It was strange to leave Partholon but it was obviously necessary. If the writer has ignored this angle I think I would have felt slightly cheated. However how it happened and the plot in general, surprised me greatly. I found myself once again pulled into this wonderful world and Shannon's new story and not being able to stop reading.

There were a few 'wow' moments in this book and I won't tell you what because I don't want to give things away. What I can say is that while you may think you know what is going to happen, you may be right but there is usually a twist. I think the author tries to keep the reader on their toes and she manages it successfully.

Overall this book reminded me of how I felt when I first started P.C's House of the Night series, eager to read more and full of respect. With such an amazing main character and an unusual world this is a winner. I feel lucky to have read this and can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments: