Header Menu

Saturday, January 29, 2011

15) Gentlemen Prefer Succubi by Jill Myles

The Blurb -

Jackie Brighton woke up in a Dumpster this morning, and her day has only gotten weirder. Her familiar B-cups have somehow become double Ds, her sex drive is insatiable, and apparently she had her fi rst one-night stand ever...with a fallen angel. All she remembers is gorgeous Noah's oddly hypnotic blue eyes...and then a dark stranger whose bite transformed her into an immortal siren with a sexy Itch.

With help from Noah, Jackie begins to adapt to her new lifestyle -- until she accidentally sends Noah into the deadly clutches of the vampire queen and lands herself in a fi erce battle for an ancient halo with the queen's wickedly hot righthand man. Who just happens to be the vampire who originally bit her. How's a girl supposed to save the world when the enemy's so hard to resist?

My Thoughts -

I really like a good Succubus story and miss Jackie Kessler's Jezebel and wait longingly for the next Richelle Mead story about Georgina. However on saying that, Gentlemen Prefer Succubi has been on my bookshelf, waiting to be read, for quite a while now. Why didn't I read this earlier? I have no excuses. What I can say is that now I have read it I can safely say I will be reading the others very soon because it seems the Succubus Diaries are going to scratch the itch when it comes to my love of Succubus stories.

This may not have had a lot of depth and seriousness as some Urban Fantasy novels but it was fun and exciting. Reading about Jackie's change into a Succubus had me giggling at times and the story was good enough to keep me reading till the end. Hot and steamy is something to expect when reading a Succubus based book and Jill Myles really got some fires burning in this first in the Succubus Diaries. Not too over the top I really did enjoy this one.

So I have added the next book in the series to my wishlist and hope to get hold of a copy soon. I really do find Succubi interesting for some reason and now I have Jackie to add to my list of favourites. If you like sexy and funny with your Paranormal then you may want to try this.

No comments: