Header Menu

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

112) Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong

he Blurb :

War is coming to the Otherworld. A sinister cult known as The Supernatural Liberation Movement is hell-bent on exposing the truth about supernaturals to the rest of the world. Their violent, ruthless plan has put everyone at risk: from werewolves to vampires, from witches to half-demons.

Savannah Levine - fiery and unpredictable - stands at the heart of the maelstrom. There is a new, dark magic inside her, granting her the power to summon spells of terrifying strength. But whether this magic is a gift or a curse, no one knows.

On the eve of battle, all the major players must come together in a last, desperate fight for survival - Elena and Clay; Adam and Savannah; Paige and Lucas; Jeremy and Jaime; Hope, Eve and more...They are fighting for lives.

They are fighting for their loved ones.

They are fighting for the Otherworld.

My Thoughts :

The end of an era. Thirteen is the last book in the Women of the Otherworld series. I feel like I was just at a funeral for a bunch of fantastic friends. No, Kelley didn't kill all the characters off, it just feels like it is over forever. The ending isn't one of total closure and there is a small promise of some more short stories in a few years. I will hang on to that hope.

While I feel sad that the series is over I am also extremely happy it ended the way it did. So many series try to finish with a huge bang, lots of characters dying, all ends getting tied up and a look into the future to show us that indeed everything did end up being picture perfect. They usually have a rushed feeling to them and end up filled with too much information as the author tries to cram everything in. Kelley Armstrong managed to stay away from this trap and write another perfectly fabulous story and end things on a high.

The plot itself is not something I want to go into. I don't want to spoil it for any fans who haven't yet got hold of a copy. All I will tell you is that there are quite a few surprises, everyone makes an appearance and while Savannah is the narrator the other Women take over at times to tell their side of the story. Thirteen is a super read and actually doesn't feel like the end.

So if you are a fan. Get a copy asap! This isn't one you want to put off reading. It's better to get it over and done with and enjoy every last word. If you haven't tried this series yet then you really need to take the time to try it now. What better way to enjoy the books now you can read one delicious installment after another without having to wait for a new release.

This is a must read series and one I will treasure for years to come. I intend on listening to the books soon on Audio and I will definitely be reading them again and again. The Women of the Otherworld had everything I wanted from a Paranormal Urban Fantasy series and I can't wait to see what delights the author has in store for us next.



Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I know what you mean about it ending. I've been putting off reading because I don't want it to end. BITTEN was my very first paranormal read and I have a deep love for this series - I'm sad.
Thank you.

Aurian said...

I have to start reading this series, but I have slowly collected most of the books, so when I have them all, I will go on a reading binge. Or not, and read one a month or so.

Cindy said...

I haven't started reading this series but I have all the books except for this one.
Great giveaway.
Cindy