Header Menu

Friday, October 12, 2012

140) Darkness Falls by Cate Tiernan

The Blurb :

Nastasya has lived for hundreds of years, but for some reason it never seems to get any easier. She's left behind her days of debauchery to find peace and forgiveness at River's Edge, a safe haven for wayward immortals. There she's uncovered her family's epic history, reclaimed her magickal powers, and met Reyn, whom she dubs "the Viking god. " Just as she settles into her new life, Nastasya learns that her old friends might be in town....

Reuniting with her gorgeous and dangerous ex-best-friend, Innocencio, Nas wonders if she'll ever be truly free of her dark legacy. Is Incy dangerous, power-hungry, and wicked? Or is he the only one who truly understands Nas's darkness? Either way, Nas is desperate to find out who she really is-even if the answer kills her.

My Thoughts :

Darkness Falls has been on my wishlist a while and sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me since July. I finally got to read it this week and I am happy I did. The second book in the Immortal Beloved series wasn't easy to get into at first. Especially seeing as there has been quite a gap between reading this one and the debut, Immortal Beloved.

While this second book wasn't as good as the first it was still an amazing read. The stories the author tells to show how old Nas is and what she has been through is just beautiful. Yes the past has held a lot of bad memories for the Immortal but I found each and everyone of them well thought out and extremely interesting.

The concept for this series is just as unusual and unique as Tiernan's previous Sweep and Balefire series. This one is however not actually Young Adult although it does deal with some quite young looking people they are really hundreds of years old. The author keeps things 'clean' though so any fans of her other work will be happy to know they can let their 'Young Readers' read this one.

Very well written and wonderful. I can't wait to see what happens in the third and last part of this trilogy. I am also eager to see what the author comes up with next. She really has an amazing imagination and is a great writer.

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

1 comment:

Aurian said...

I still have to read the first one, which has been on my shelves for a long time already... I love her Wicca and Balefire books.