Header Menu

Thursday, May 23, 2013

68) Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep

The Blurb :

I’m Logan Quinn, the deadliest Spartan warrior at Mythos Academy. At least I was — until the day I almost killed Gwen Frost.

Professor Metis and Nickamedes say that I’m fine, that Loki and the Reapers don’t have a hold on me anymore, but I can’t risk it. I can’t risk hurting Gwen again. So I’m leaving Mythos and going somewhere far, far away.

I know Gwen wonders what’s happening to me, whether I’m safe. I can’t tell her, but this is my story …

My Thoughts :

I love all things Jennifer Estep and when I saw this short story I couldn't resist, despite my huge To Be Read pile, snapping it up.  There is something about this author that always makes me want to drop everything and just read her work.  She has never disappointed me and I doubt she ever will.

Spartan Frost is a nice novella in the Mythos Academy Series.  Set between the last release, Crimson Frost, and the upcoming release, Midnight Frost, this tale is quite special in the fact that it is told from Logan's perspective.  The plot deals with the Spartan's time after book #4 and gives us a nice cliffhanger ending that will obviously be the topic of events in the next release.

What can I tell you all without giving anything away?  It is a great story and it helps the reader see how Logan feels and why he has decided to do what he has done.  It shows, once again, how great the author is at writing short stories and how nicely she can spin a tale from any perspective and for any situation.  All in all Spartan Frost is a gift.  A nice present to keep the withdrawl symptoms at bay until the next full length story comes out in Summer.

If you are a fan of the series then this is a must read.  If you haven't yet had the pleasure of reading this series then I suggest leaving this one be as it has some plot spoilers if you haven't already met the Mythos Academy.  However make sure you do check out this series and all the other wonderful and fantastic books Jennifer Estep has out.  She is aUrban Fantasy writing genius and I love being pulled into her amazing stories.

Spartan Frost is due for release on the 25th June.


  Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository
Amberkatze's Book Blog

No comments: