Header Menu

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

143) Head Games by Christopher Golden

The Blurb :

""They were my friends. I've known them almost my entire life. Maybe they both just lost it. But I think something's going on here, and I have to take a closer look."" Home from college on break, Jenna Blake is horrified to discover that a childhood friend has murdered his entire famly -- and he's not the only one. During the next two days, several other area teens experience homicidal rages, but are later unable to explain or even recall their actions.

The police are leaning toward the popular explanation: brutality influenced by violence in movies and video games. But when Jenna investigates further, she begins to believe that someone is playing sinister head games with her former classmates...and with her, as well.

What Jenna needs is someone to take her seriously, but Slick is preoccupied with a mystery of his own, her father has taken off for France, and her college friends have all gone away for the holidays.

Jenna's on her own this time.

My Thoughts :

This is a blast from the past for me.  While taking part in Read-a-thon this weekend I decided it was time to read some real physical books from my shelves.  This fifth book in the Body of Evidence series made me sigh.  I remember having them, reading the first four books but why I hadn't picked up the rest was beyond me.  I had forgotten all about them.  So I decided they needed to be read.

It didn't take me long to get back into the series.  It is pretty hard to forget this unique and original story.  Jenna Blake is just a girl but one that has a gift where forensics are concerned and she has already had quite a bit of experience solving crimes.  This time she is home for Christmas and it is something really weird and horrific that happens in her home town to her friends that gets Jenna involved in another case.

A great story, with a super plot, I remember why I loved this series.  Not too young adult but more grown up and independent this is something that any lover of CSI or Bones will enjoy.  It maybe just a little old and dated in some respect (it was published in 2000) but it is a very interesting and thrilling read.

So now I fear I need to move on to book number six.  Usually I wouldn't just pick up the next in a series straight away but seeing as these have been on my shelf for a long time, I feel I need to get them read and let them move on.

Oh and you may recognise the author Christopher Golden.  He has quite a lot of books to his name including some in the Buffy series and co-writing with Charlaine Harris.




 Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog


No comments: