Header Menu

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

150) The Cat, The Lady and The Liar by Leann Sweeney

The Blurb :

Cat quilter Jillian Hart finds a gorgeous stray cat belonging to the fabulously wealthy Ritaestelle Longworth, who believes she's being drugged. Before Jillian can get to those charges, a body turns up in the lake-and her cat Chablis finds Ritaestelle nearby. Can Jillian's cats aid her in solving a mystery with decades old roots?

My Thoughts :

Well this series has grabbed me!  I couldn't resist getting the next installment as soon as my new Audible credits came in and I am pretty sure I will be using another one to get the next part.  There is something very special about this cozy series and I an enjoying the audio versions a lot.

Things have really advanced in the series and this third book has Jillian adapting more to the whole amateur sleuth role that she seems to have fallen into without wanting it.  It also shows her being more at home in Mercy, accepting friends and the way of life it offers.  She has grown so much already and it is nice to see the character changing in such a way after the loss she has suffered.

The plot this time around was once again very hard to solve and had some nice twists and turns.  I am always happy to figure things out but it is even better if the author can keep you guessing till the amateur sleuth also solves the murder!  The cat aspect is a cat lovers dream!  I adore reading about Jillian's kitties and enjoy the cat facts that the author drops into the story.  The concept is working out great and I am loving it.

Well worth checking out if you are a cozy lover and a definite must read for cat fans!  I guess book four will be my next audio to listen to despite having others waiting for my attention I just can't get enough of this series.  It reminds me a little of the Aurora Teagarden series by Charlaine Harris but more modern.



Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



2 comments:

Aurian said...

Yeah, you are really devouring these. Glad you enjoy them so much. Have a great 2015 Amber!

Unknown said...

I already started the next one *blush*

Listening to audios has been so much easier this year! And this is turning out to be a great audio to listen to!

Have a book filled 2015!