Header Menu

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

45) Lemon Pies and Little White Lies by Ellery Adams

The Blurb :

Ella Mae LeFaye’s Charmed Pie Shoppe has become a phenomenon beyond her wildest dreams, providing the enchanted town of Havenwood, Georgia, with spellbinding desserts and magical pies. Her personal life is also heating up as she takes on the responsibilities of leadership within her magical community. In fact, the only thing weighing her down is the fact that handsome Hugh Dylan won’t return her calls…

Still, when Havenwood is rocked by a series of mysterious deaths, Ella Mae must put romantic longings aside—especially when she realizes that the mystical symbols left at each crime scene are dangerously personal. Now she will have to whip up all her supernatural skills to uncover a killer out to settle an ancient score—before the murderer devastates everything Ella Mae is determined to protect…

My Thoughts :

The fourth book in the Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery series was a pre-order book and I was looking forward to this tasty treat.  However this wasn't my favourite so far.  In fact there were some very depressing moments and a few events that made me worry about the direction this series is going.  The cozy mystery feels more like Paranormal Urban Fantasy and the magical fun is more doom and gloom this time around.

Despite the black clouds there was enough sunshine in this book to make it worth reading and to give it four stars.  The characters continue to be darling and the author makes things cute and cheerful when she can.  The pie aspect is delicious and I wish I had the means to go off and get a slice or two from the tasty wares in this Charmed Pie Shoppe.  The business seems to be booming and I love how the recipes are added in the back of the book.

So much happened in this fourth installment and it is hard to accept some of the revelations that took place.  It will be extremely interesting to see how things continue in the series and I wonder what Ella Mae will do with her new situation.  She seemed ok with things but I don't think it will last.  There were some very dangerous events in this book so I also hope everyone will be feeling better in the next book.

While this wasn't my favourite in the series so far it was still a magical read.  I am enjoying the series and while I would prefer the usual cozy murder mystery plot that I am used to from this author I can see why she is making this series stand out more.  It is after all paranormal and can therefore be more dramatic and go in different directions.  So I also have to admire her flair for the nice helping of history and fantasy she has woven into this book and the series.

Well worth checking out if you like anything magical and fantasy related also a definite must read for cozy mystery lovers who know and love Ellery's other amazing series.




Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog



No comments: