Header Menu

Monday, December 14, 2015

122) Murder of a Wedding Belle by Denise Swanson

The Blurb :

School psychologist Skye Denison reluctantly agrees to act as maid of honor in her California cousin's over-the-top platinum-style wedding- and is also expected to assist the control-freak wedding planner. But when Skye discovers the planner dead, just one week before the big event, Skye is suddenly working double-duty.

While overseeing every nuptial detail, she's also helping the police find out who hated the bridal consultant enough to kill her. Can Skye get her cousin to the church on time-and save herself from a killer who may actually be on the guest list?

My Thoughts :

Murder of a Wedding Belle is book number twelve in the Scumble River Mysteries.  I only started this series back in May and I was worried that it would take me ages to catch up on this eighteen book strong series.  How wrong was I?  I just can't get enough of this simple but exciting cozy mystery series.  It is quite addictive.

It is hard to say what is so addictive about this series.  There are some great strong characters and an interesting location.  The mystery plots are always well thought out and the continuing story is fun to keep up with.  However the series as a whole isn't as special as some of the other cozies out there.  There is something about it though and I can't stop going back for more.

As the title of the book suggests, there is a wedding in Scumble River.  How Skye is involved and who gets murdered is pretty obvious from the get go.  Who the murderer is remains a mystery until the end but the big question the whole book through is will Skye accept Wally's proposal?  We get our answer by the end but she keeps you guessing.

Audible are enabling my addiction and made a sale this week.  Which means I have the next three, yes three, books in the series ready to listen to on my Audible app and I am actually pretty deep into the next book already.  So expect yet another Scumble River review very soon.  The books are a delight to listen to and I can't seem to stop myself from starting the next one.








Amberkatze's Book Blog


No comments: